top of page
  • Writer's pictureRyan Conrad

Documents to confirm American Indian or Alaska Native status

The Native American plans require that we prove citizenship as a Native American. The documents that they will accept are any of the following items:

  • Tribal Enrollment/Membership card from a federally recognized tribe

  • Document issued by Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) recognizing you as American Indian/Alaska NativeAuthentic

  • Document from a federally recognized tribe declaring your membershipCertificate of Degree of Indian Blood

  • Certificate of Indian status cardI-872

  • American Indian Card (Texas and Oklahoma Kickapoo American and Mexican members)

  • Document issued by Indian Health Service (IHS) showing that you were/are eligible for IHS services as an American Indian/Alaska NativeU.S.

  • American Indian/Alaska Native tribal enrollment or shareholder documentation

  • Letter from the Marketplace granting a tribal exemption based on tribal membership or Alaska Native shareholder status

66 views0 comments


bottom of page